December 22, 2020
The virus has forced people inside their homes. But business has to go on. The first phase prompted businesses to go online and transform digitally to keep the business going. In the new normal (second phase) a more solid approach, planning, and strategy in terms of digital transformation is required. To be competitive is still the buzzword while maintaining customer relations is now more challenging.
Re-visiting the two foundations of customer loyalty —‘trust’ and ‘confidence’ is needed. For business success innovation is the need of the hour.
What should be the customer service model during the new normal?
- Customers insight through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions.
- Reaching out to customers thru Omni-Channel Customer Communication Management solution.
- Employee empowerment with easy access to information for customer query and resolution.
- RPA implementation to reduce human-dependency of day-to-day company procedures
- Efficient Content Management
- Digital-readiness of applications and compliance processes
- Maximising digital touch-points thru a robust WCMS
- Strong document management system
- Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics support to provide customer insight and remote access to customers anytime and from anywhere
- Contactless service in retail business.
Let us see how these can help.
How do I know my customers?
- Have a 360-degree view of your customer with the right CRM solution.
- Engage with your customers more, through mobile applications.
- Use WCMS and Campaign Management solutions for connecting and tracking customer preferences.
- Empower your employees with digital enablement.
How can employee empowerment provide superior Customer Management and Customer Engagement?
The disruption has significantly accelerated #business focus towards offering greater customer experiences.
- Establish digital closeness. The customer behaviour led by anxiety and caution needs human experience ─ the need for comfort and delight requires pleasant engagement.
- To step out of their roles and take action to give customers the right solution, answer, and confidence employees need ready access to information. Apply AI to analyse data to make employee workflows easier and efficient; it makes customer relationships more human.
Can I build humane customer relations through RPA?
You may have to reduce the customer service delivery speed but cannot compromise on efficiency or quality. So you are taking new steps or processes needed in customer service. These must be consolidated too, to ensure seamless customer journey.
- High-quality RPA (robotic process automation) bots can bring customer communications to a human-level.
- Bots also make sure that relevant information is always at hand. It speeds up processes by reducing manual or repetitive work (searching, copy-pasting, finding, or sorting) thereby, saving time and errors to speed-up services. Being free of these jobs employees can be more customer-focussed and have time to go that extra mile for the customers that customers appreciate.
- Implementation of RPA and process automation along with AI creates a consistent and always-available system for customer engagement across channels and devices.
- RPA is a channel-free technology; it helps customers move freely across touch points (web chat, the company website, Facebook Messenger, the mobile app, Twitter, iMessage, WhatsApp, or SMS.) Your business can have maximum information about their journey if you have RPA.
Organizations that streamlined their processes through RPA have more trust and loyalty of their customers during the pandemic.
Does a strong content management system ensure greater customer loyalty?
Happy customers make loyal customers. It entails customer experience through an effective content management system. But it needs to be flexible and the centre of all corporate processes. CMS solutions help businesses to maximise digital touch points and make relevant information available throughout these channels to help customers create better customer experiences across channels. An effective CMS is simple and enables marketing teams to operate easily.
Why do you need to be digital-ready?
Digital readiness helps you provide unique user experience, deliver value from distance, build trust, increase profit and customer base.
BI solutions are real-time and dashboard-based. They provide remote access to critical business data. Big businesses maintained a solid pace during the pandemic by integrating through digital technology.
Modernize and link your core applications: human resources, finance, inventory and manufacturing. Tap advanced #data #analytics for a 360-degree view of your business areas.
- Move core business applications workloads to #cloud to be more responsive. Digital solutions engage with customers anytime and from anywhere.
- Shift store (retail) employee roles to contactless roles and make connections with your online customers.
- Get customer insight with Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics: through their thought, action, and spending using BigData; understand, predict and influence the customer behaviour. Transform insight from automation technologies across business functions to actionable information enabling:
- Employees to give great customer service.
- Digi-smart business applications get rid of silos and build resilient business operations, easy-workflow management.
- Reduce silos by integrating legacy systems with Quadient Inspire CCM. It delivers consistent experiences across all channels through a single platform.
Smart applications and make businesses operate smoothly and deliver value to their customers while maintaining social distance.
Can Supply Chain Management be made isolation-savvy?
- Digitally enabled logistics and supply chain strengthens delivery management (online proof of delivery) without paper contact.
- Create/enhance your web-portal to earn customer confidence regarding safety measures in contactless delivery process. A strong web-presence and website management establishes more connection regarding health and safety concerns.
- Digital solutions integrate store operations and #eCommerce. Retail BI solutions help you strategize and adapt to changes in business-scenario during pandemic.
- Use RPA to readily connect with your customers and to collect data on their queries and concerns.
- Centralized Cloud computing and data storage capabilities establish successful coordination between front-end material information input and back-end supply chain data. Data visualization helps create transparency by tracking production of critical SKUs.
Do I need to upgrade to document management system?
You do! Document management systems (DMS) receives track, manage and store documents; digitally transforms account receivables, compliance documentation, paper forms and templates to web and mobile. They help in collaborative editing; easy and retrievable document storage, archival, document scanning, transcriptions, etc.
Can Contactless service be made more humane?
It is time to create a caring economy, and build customer trust through contactless delivery processes. Customer brand habits have been disrupted during the pandemic. Many are going online for their daily necessities as well as luxuries. Despite the reopening of business establishments, customers still prefer the convenience and safety of distanced experiences. Developing customer experience through Online and Omni-channel (Web, mobile, social media) will make them feel comfortable. Attract more customers with a strong online presence; revamp contactless payments, and scale-up online customer service.
Interested to discuss more, please feel free to contact the author at email@example.com
About Ashish Bhalla
Ashish has almost 30 years of industry experience in a wide range of business solutions primarily focusing on end-to-end customer experience management. He is the founder and CEO of Digital Business People (DBP), an omni-channel customer experience management company headquartered at Singapore with it’s development and delivery centres in India.