Why a CRM Solution Important to Acquire, Retain and Grow your Customer Base?
March 18, 2021
A sound customer relationship, constant contact with customers (potential and existing), value offered to them, and customer profitability analysis help to maximise customer’s lifetime value.
Companies must revisit customer service every day because customer expectations are much higher than before. But it is a challenge in the cost-cutting scenario the companies have to operate. Some of the answers to the ‘how to’ are:
- Gathering customers opinion
- Newsletters and notifications
- Digital marketing on social media and multiple touch points
- Maintaining great customer experience
- A relevant website with fresh contents
The gap between the expectation and reality (budget and spent, customer expectation and fulfilment etc.) can be filled by technology. That is why Customer Relations Management (CRM) solution is becoming the choice of all type of businesses. Your goal for innovation can be successfully driven by automation and analytics of an efficient CRM.
The greatest plus point is that CRMs can be tailored as per your business goal and budget. Furthermore, you can keep it growing as your business changes.
Let’s see how CRM can drive the ‘to-do’ listed above efficiently:
- Newsletter and notifications ─ CRM solutions can pair with any email tool. You can analyse an email subscriber’s lifecycle stage, list membership, or any information in their contact records; and then automatically coin the most relevant subject lines, content, links, attachments etc. It automates routine procedures: automatic email notifications, email campaigns, and/or trigger specific actions. Automation eases routine procedures, such as sending notifications, email campaigns or triggering specific actions inside the CRM.
- Gathering customer opinions ─ Omni-channel contact centre helps your clients to communicate with you through website live chat, telephone, email, social networks or mobile messengers.
- Maintaining great customer experience ─ CRM’s Data-Driven Customer Support Software helps you resolve issues faster through automated response, assistance across channels, regulating performance standards, and performance analysis. The exhaustive relationship management gives businesses the leverage to achieve a business edge over the competition.
- Business promotion across channels and touch-points ─ With its ability to integrate with email tools CRM solutions easily collect email leads and give insight into how your marketing emails are performing. The data power of CRM helps in:
- Focussed marketing: Through contacts and target potentially profitable customers. The information on customer behaviour and preferences allows informed actions towards improved prospect awareness and customer satisfaction.
- Segmentation: Right prediction and account-based marketing based on recent activities, responses, personal likes and dislikes, purchasing trend, emails response analysis, web footprint, and even social media activity. Segmenting not only grows revenue but improves overall email marketing metrics.
- Personalization: Customer knowledge helps tailor the content of your messages and arrest customers’ attention, ideate, give correct information, and even shape the entire communication to suits a particular customer.
- Reuse and recycle information: Analyse the success of campaigns and then focus on those campaigns that performed the best. You can recycle the most successful campaigns and templates for new contacts and audiences.
- Use of website data to the best ─ Company websites can become a focal point of gathering: visitors’ feedback, tracking footprints, and participation in polls and campaigns. This is the best place to share social media feeds, blogs, and reports on company. Integrating CRM with the website’s CMS (content management system, like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla) can empower your customer management and easily meet their needs through analytics. Analysis of these interactions will help you track them to your benefit.
Interested to discuss more, please feel free to contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ashish Bhalla
Ashish has almost 30 years of industry experience in a wide range of business solutions primarily focusing on end-to-end customer experience management. He is the founder and CEO of Digital Business People (DBP), an omni-channel customer experience management company headquartered at Singapore with it’s development and delivery centres in India.