Improve Efficiency through Business Process Automation (BPA)
March 29, 2021
Business Process Automation (BPA) uses digital technology to automate repeatable tasks. BPA implements RPA or robotics for accelerating processes. Information is routed to the right person at the right time through defined rules and actions.
What can BPA bring to a business?
- Improved productivity by reducing the time of task completion. Therefore, increases the rate of productivity of routine tasks, serves more customers within a short span, and involves employees in complex and revenue-generating tasks.
- Increased accuracy through rule-based actions for similar tasks without mistake and deviation. This improves quality as well as consistency. Product quality and consistent & reliable service establish a great customer experience. When you have consistency, you can add more positive features to your service and product with minimal or zero additional investment.
- Streamline communication by reducing emails and phone calls between employees. BPA offers employees a centralised view of business and customer-related information. Recording facility and update management of documentation keeps most current information easily accessible.
- Increased information security is established. For example, robotic bots are programmed to perform singular tasks. There is no scope of information leakage from one part to another. Data accesses are controlled and documented. Besides, it has controls to prevent overlap as well as un-permitted access.
- Reduced time and costs by minimising manual tasks greatly reduce administrative labour costs and costs associated with errors such as no or late payments, delayed approvals, customer onboarding etc.
- Increased efficiency through reduced errors that may occur when done. BPA software never sleeps or takes a vacation. For example, a single RPA robot equals two to five full-time employees or more. However, instead of replacing employees, it demands that employees are skilled to handle the system. Therefore, it needs both people and machines. Further, the reduction of mundane tasks motivates innovation.
- BPA dashboard gives you greater visibility of processes at any given time. With this holistic view of the entire business, you can manage deadlines better and do efficient capacity planning.
- Automated workflow ensures efficient task/ project management. All departments under a process have control-driven access and visibility of workflows. This streamlines communication and minimises silos as well as slippages. Automated monitoring and reminders make tasks done on schedule. Operational Stability is ensured through strict guidelines that are a part BPA system. There is no room for missed processes, steps, or misplaced documents. Information accuracy is built into the system leaving no scope for misinformation.
- Customer satisfaction is achieved by excellent user experience through accurate and consistent products and services. This increases dependability as your customers will know that jobs will be done right.
- Customer service becomes easier through information accessibility. For each customer call, employees can quickly pull up customer information. Speed and quality of service gain customer trust and loyalty.
- Improve analytics gathers task execution data like work volume patterns, cycle times, errors, and exceptions. You can use these analyses for process improvement, strategic decision making, and identify gaps in business processes.
Additional advantage of smaller businesses
BPA brings scalability to any business by accommodating selected requirements to meet its objectives. The robotic workforce is adjustable to time- and task-specific requirements. Therefore, start-ups too can manage any unpredictable market demands.
BPA can automate a wide range of business processes and activities fully or partially.
Have questions on BPA? Or Interested to discuss more, please feel free to contact the author at email@example.com
About Ashish Bhalla
Ashish has almost 30 years of industry experience in a wide range of business solutions primarily focusing on end-to-end customer experience management. He is the founder and CEO of Digital Business People (DBP), an omni-channel customer experience management company headquartered at Singapore with it’s development and delivery centres in India.